This is the personal website of Devin Coldewey, Seattle-based writer and photographer. He can be reached at devin at techcrunch dot com (direct pitches and appearance requests here, please) or devin at this domain (for personal correspondence; pitches will be deleted with prejudice).
Devin currently writes for TechCrunch, covering many topics in technology, science, and space; he has written for MSNBC.com, NBC News, DPReview, and others; he has also appeared on radio, television, and in print.
Devin’s latest stories can be found below, or at his author page at TechCrunch.
- Anthropic’s latest tactic to stop racist AI: Asking it ‘really really really really’ nicely
- Google’s best Gemini demo was faked
- Seattle biotech hub pursues ‘DNA typewriter’ tech with $75M from tech billionaires
- Respeecher’s ethics-first approach to AI voice cloning locks in new funding
- ‘Animate Anyone’ heralds the approach of full-motion deepfakes
- AI invades ‘word of the year’ lists at Oxford, Cambridge and Merriam-Webster