This is the personal website of Devin Coldewey, Seattle-based writer and photographer. He can be reached at devin at techcrunch dot com (direct pitches and appearance requests here, please) or devin at this domain (for personal correspondence; pitches will be deleted with prejudice).
Devin currently writes for TechCrunch, covering many topics in technology, science, and space; he has written for MSNBC.com, NBC News, DPReview, and others; he has also appeared on radio, television, and in print.
Devin’s latest stories can be found below, or at his author page at TechCrunch.
- This AI used GPT-4 to become an expert Minecraft player
- Turncoat drone story shows why we should fear people, not AIs
- Lightmatter’s photonic AI hardware is ready to shine with $154M in new funding
- Amazon settles with FTC for $25M after ‘flouting’ kids’ privacy and deletion requests
- No ChatGPT in my court: Judge orders all AI-generated content must be declared and checked
- Pluton Biosciences takes its carbon-fixing microbes to market with a fresh $16.6M